Wednesday 10 January 2007

Girona, Spain






Since Girona is my very first stop in Spain, so I decided to speak Spanish at very first time. Studying the Spainish phrase for half hour on the plane, when reached airport, I started asking direction, “Hola! Donde esta Cerveri De Girona?” Sounds not too bad, it seems the staff in the information desk can understand me, but I don´t understand his reply. So after a few minutes later he finished show me the direction, I have to ask, “would you explain in English again, sorry I don´t understand Spanish…”

Finally I got on the bus to Girona , it left at 10:30pm, I am the only passenger went to Girona while the others went to Barcelona, but I think Girona should worth have a look, at least it is not too much touristic.

Girona is small enough to be explored in a couple of hours, I even went to a nearby village this morning. The houses on the Onyar is so rich coloured, with all the washed clothes hanging outside, looks so much alive, That are the houses really has people living in. The Cathedral is giant compare to the tiny size of town. The call of Jewish has not more Jewish staying there but only name remained. Arab Bath is another remains, the water is cold enough to have a frozen bath.

Train to Barcelona this afternoon. Once a place has ever hold Olympic games, it will be marked as Olympic cities in most people’s memory. Hope Barcelona will be a little different.

No comments: