Wednesday 27 June 2007

water in Friedberg, Germany








Friedberg city is surrounded by a brook. The water is originated from black forest then runs into Rhine river. Some people believe that water is holy water in drinking quality. My guide said though she never taste water but she suppose it won't poison.
In the legend, if a single girl from outside washed her feet by using this water, she will mary to a man from black forest one day.
I hesitated for a long time but still dare not to try. well, the main reason is the water is too cold for me. :)

The next day I took the train from Friedburg to Ulm, as I seated facing the end of train, black forest is flying quickly from sides of train to the far end.

I started to understand why it called black forest. Although tree is green, but when too much green mix together, it becomes green toward dark green then black green then black, provided visiting in a cloudy and rainy day, forest is covered by dark fog, all the fairy tale ladies are hidden deep inside forest.

A little regret why I didn't wash my feet yesterday.

No comments: